On Tuesday, when US President Donald Trump bragged up his sordid achievements as
the new commander-in-chief, even things that he never did, such as the
declaration that he is the reason ISIL is ‘giving up,’ everyone in the entire
world raised eyebrows and said come again?
Trump took credit for the fact that ISIL is in retreat during an interview, claiming that ISIL wasn't on the run before because "you didn't have Trump as your president." His lie comes as Qaeda-allied, US-backed Arab forces and Kurdish proxies fighting ISIL in Raqqa said "major military operations" in the city have ended and that the terrorists have lost control of their self-declared capital.
Trump went even further, claiming, "I totally changed rules of engagement. I totally changed our military, I totally changed the attitudes of the military and they have done a fantastic job. ISIL is now giving up, they are giving up, there are raising their hands, they are walking off. Nobody has ever seen that before."
Obviously, the War Party in Washington is no longer able to hide the bitter truth about its ongoing proxy war on Syria from hardcore thinkers. Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple:
* Trump has often skimmed over the fact that it was the anti-partition alliance of Iran, Syria, Iraq, Russia, Hezbollah and Popular Mobilisation Units that began the anti-ISIL campaign when the United States and its allies looked the other way back in 2011 - including operations to retake both ISIL strongholds in Iraq and Syria.
* While Trump is quick to attribute the success against ISIL to his own impact on the US military, he fails to highlight the fact that the Real war on Terror in Iraq and Syria has long been led by an array of national and local forces - with the Iranian and Russian allies acting in a supporting role.
* The US has been bombing Syria for years to affect regime change and the nation is shedding millions of refugees as a result. Despite Trump’s efforts to couch his administration’s involvement as a "game-changing contribution,” it consists pretty much exclusively of regime-change fantasy and permanent occupation, all while arming "moderate” terrorists and Kurdish secessionists, and allowing US bombers to be at the service of ISIL, Al-Qaeda and other proxies since 2011.
* When it comes to the so-called liberation of Raqqa,” deliberate demolition and not peace and security is the best choice to describe what the US and its rogue partners have delivered there thus far. Any doubters should ask the United Nations Security Council, which says the foreign-backed violence has killed some 500,000 people and displaced over 12 million.
* According to human rights groups, despite the role of US military intervention in fueling the rise of ISIL and conflict in Syria and Iraq, the American humanitarian response has been severely lagging. Washington has admitted just about 2,000 Syrian refugees since 2012; and they will only take in some more after two years of security checks.
The truly scary thing about all this is that while aid falls short, the War Party’s devastating "anti-terror” contribution continues to escalate, despite UN warnings that there is no American military solution to the crisis. This is while Amnesty International says ISIL managed to form a formidable arsenal in its early days, in part thanks to large stockpiles of US weapons supplied by Saudi Arabia, and/or "accidentally” dropped by US war planes on the territory the terrorist group held.
It is said no matter how valuable you are and your ideas, fools will certainly play both of you down, so exclude yourselves from the inflammatory environs of fools. When it comes to Syria, the president of the United States not only lies to himself, but also to everyone in the entire world. Trump’s taking credit for ISIL 'giving up' in Syria is half-truth, the darkest of all lies, and indeed the biggest lie of 2017. Anybody who says he is a good liar obviously is not, because any legitimately savvy liar would always insist he is honest about everything.
Source: Fars News Agency