"It's official: Supplying bombs, targets and refueling Saudi warplanes is apparently not enough. US now proclaiming that it's "doing the planning" in war on Yemen too. US complicity in world's biggest humanitarian disaster unfathomable,” Zarif said in a message posted on his official Twitter account on Thursday.
The remarks came two days after Pentagon chief James Mattis said the US military was "doing the planning” of Saudi Arabia’s military campaign against Yemen.
"So this is a very dynamic sort of battlefield management,” he added.
Mattis further admitted US involvement in mid-air refueling of Saudi warplanes, claiming that the operation could help minimize civilian casualties in the war-torn country.
The Saudi aggression was launched in March 2015 in support of Yemen’s former Riyadh-friendly government and against the country’s Houthi Ansarullah movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of an effective administration.
The offensive has, however, achieved neither of its goals despite the spending of billions of petrodollars and the enlisting of Saudi Arabia's regional and Western allies.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to Hadi.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.