Speaking to Tasnim, Mohammad Ebrahim Rezaei said according to the schedule, several members of the National Security and Foreign Policy Commission will visit the nuclear sites in Arak, Fordow, and Natanz in coming days.
He further pointed to the Islamic Republic’s moves to reduce its obligations under the nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), and said such visits are carried out in line with the moves.
The Nuclear Committee is monitoring the measures of the relevant organizations to reduce the country’s obligations and report the process to the parliament, he noted.
Last month, Iran declared the second step to reduce its commitments by ramping up the level of uranium enrichment to over 3.67 percent.
Iran maintains that the new measures are not designed to harm the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, but to save the accord by creating a balance in the commitments.
Iran and the Group 5+1 (Russia, China, US, Britain, France, and Germany) on July 14, 2015, reached a conclusion over the text of the JCPOA.
The accord took effect in January 2016 and was supposed to terminate all nuclear-related sanctions against Iran all at once, but its implementation was hampered by the US policies and its eventual withdrawal from the deal.
On May 8, 2018, US President Donald Trump pulled his country out of the nuclear accord.
Following the US withdrawal, Iran and the remaining parties launched talks to save the deal.
However, the EU’s failure to ensure Iran’s economic interests forced Tehran to stop honoring certain commitments, including an unlimited rise in the stockpile of enriched uranium.
Spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Behrouz Kamalvandi recently said that the country’s enriched uranium stockpile has reached 360 to 370 kilograms.