"Today’s consultations raised the issues which (Iranian) President (Hassan) Rouhani publicized in fact on the anniversary of the United States’ withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action," Ryabkov told the Tass news agency after holding talks with senior Iranian officials in Tehran on Wednesday.
He added, "It is a two-stage pattern drafted by Iranians. Amid a lack of progress on how to restore a balance inside the JCPOA, Iran’s next steps will become inevitable. We have no doubt about that.”
Back on May 8, 2019, on the anniversary of the US’ withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), Iran said that it will halt implementing some terms of the nuclear deal until parties to the deal other than US take action to mitigate the negative impacts of US decision in May 2018 to withdraw from the agreement.
The Islamic Republic says other parties to the JCPOA, particularly the E3 - France, Britain, and Germany - have failed so far to compensate for the US withdrawal and help Iran reap the economic dividends of the 2015 nuclear deal.
Rouhani has set a two-month deadline for the parties to either do the necessary actions to save the JCPOA or face Iran resuming a nuclear enrichment program which had been suspended as part of the deal in return for lifting of international sanctions on Tehran.